Brian Collins wrote:

[numerous posts containing very useful information, for which I am
grateful.]  I just found the paper on optimization of l-dopa dosage
at http://new.parkinsons.org.uk/SCOS-3GMF2N.htm.  Isn't that your
work also?

I seem to be approaching the intersection of the upward curve of
dopamine requirement and the downward curve of tolerance.  (What
were the names of those two floating rocks in the Greek legend?)
Other variables - when and what I eat, the amount of stress I
experience, and who knows what else - seem to have become as
important as size of dose.

A while back you mentioned you were participating in a clinical trial
of remacemide.  How is that going?  The idea of a pharmacological
pallidotomy seems to me to be a very promising research direction.
It would provide an opportunity for adjusting the effect by dosage
variation, which you don't get with surgical pallidotomy.

Phil Tompkins
Hoboken NJ
60/9

Phil Tompkins