Kitty,

Welcome to the group.  I think that you will find this group supportive,
entertaining and informative.  I must say that I shared much of that
initial turmoil and am doing fine now.

I was dx'ed about 2.5 years ago.  I ended up with a neurologist who
discourages the use of sinemet and encourages his patients to stay off it
as long as possible.

Up until two weeks ago, Eldepryl was the only prescription medication for
Parkinson's which I was taking.  Two weeks ago, I started on Ropinirole.  I
question this decision because I think that I was doing "ok" on just the
Eldepryl alone (plus a variety of supplements).  Every other medication I
have tried thus far (Permax and Sinemet) had side effects which were worse
than the disease itself.  Permax was a real disaster.

You may want to consider some of the new guys such as Mirapex or Ropinirole
since they are rumored to have neuroprotective effects.

                                Ron Reiner (50/2.5)