Ida, I found your description of the differences between emotion (arousal)
and activation interesting. What you say about activation (i.e, "I don't
know what exactly the
> consequences of "activation" are for the symptoms of PD. An influence
> might exist because acetylcholine is an antagonist of dopamine. They
> inhibit each other. When the brain uses more aceltylcholine it might be
> that dopamine is less inhibited  and so the symptoms reduced") may,
indeed, explain why self-conscious activity (i.e., thinking about moving)
may help someone overcome a PD symptom. Now, what about sleep. What is it
about sleep that stop some people's tremors?
Debbie White