Dear List,

    The Maine Department of Human Services has OFFICIALLY refused me
State (Medicaid) funding for the massage therapy that my doctors, nurse,
my caregivers, and many of you supported.

My brief letter of appeal follows.

When are we PWP's going to be HEARD????

Ivan

^^^^^^WARM GREETINGS  FROM^^^^^^^^^^
Ivan Suzman  48/10         [log in to unmask]
Portland, Maine   land of lighthouses  39   deg. F  pretty day
Mr. Kevin W. Concannon, Comissioner
Maine Department of Human Services
Augusta, Maine 04333

February 14, 1998

Dear Mr. Concannon,

  I am going through HELL every day because Young Onset Parkinson's
DIsease is DEVASTATING me.
  There MUST be a way that you can use some basis, like EXCEPTIONAL
circumstances, to overturn this recommended refusal to grant me
Medicaid-funded massage therapy.

   Reverend Billy Graham recently said on the Larry King Live show that
he uses MASSAGE THERAPY.  He can afford it, I cannot!

   So I appeal Mr. Bussey's recommendation.  Furthermore there are a
number of errors of omission in what he presents.

   I appeal to you, Mr. Concannon, to REVERSE the decision against me.
PLEASE contact me at the above e-mail address, or at 9 Range Street
Portland Maine 04103, so that we can set up a mutually convenient time to
discuss this appeal.

   I am sharing this appeal with the world Parkinson's e-mail list (1600
participants).

   THANK YOU for your immediate attention.

          Sincerely yours,

          Ivan Suzman