Ron,

Interesting that you could not take permax either.  I had a terrible
time.
Sinemet helps, but the side effects are killers, as you said worse
that pd.
I also had bad reactions to eldepryl.
I am now on requip (ropinol) and I like it.  I still take one 25/100
sinemet CR per day for the worst times.

Kitty,

I was on paxil (80mg per day) and it got to be too much.  I am on
zoloft now.
I was in clinical depression of 2 years before they diagnosed my pd.
My neuro said this was typical of young onset.  Also, as you said,
the prospect of dependence and incapacity are frightening.

I love Don's attitude, and with his encouragement I know I will be
ok.

don't forget how to laugh (and do it often)
Marling McReynolds