Nicole Armstrong wrote:

>      I am 31 years old, and am a CG for my mom who is 63 and was
> diagnosed
>      almost 20 years ago with PD.  She has been very independent for
> most
>      of those years, but with increasing amounts of Sinemet.  A few
> months
>      ago she had a crisis with overmedication with Sinemet causing
>      delusions.  She was hospitalized for a few weeks and now she lives

are you sure "delusions" is accurate?  hallucinations is typical as well as
vivid dreaming.

>      with me and my husband for the next few months until we get her
>      stabilized with the introduction of Mirapex.
>
>      For years she has had very bad end-of-dose problems (leg pain) on
> the
>      Sinemet, which we are trying to fix.  So far, we have not been able
>      reduce the Sinemet, and the leg pain continues.
snip
>      Well, enough for now.  If anyone has information on end-of-dose
>      symptoms, I would love to hear from you.

perhaps the term dystonia is valid for leg pain.  I have dystonia including
cramping and muscle spasms in the left foot and calf. the occurrence of these
painfull - if they get to the spasm stage for some time - and usually there is
some in the early morn. I take my first medications and then take it easy
(even return to bed sometimes) for the half hour to 45 minutes for the
lrvodopa to get to where it is needed.

the symptom recurs if I neglect to take a dose on time.

your message does not provide any information detail about your mother's
medication amounts and schedule.  I will guess that she is getting levodopa 3
or 4 times per day - and that increases have been larger amounts - rather than
more frequently.  This is a frequent occurrence that  is ignorant of the pharmacokinetics.

half as much twice as often always works better. please see some of my
sub-pages on medication and pharmacokinetics intro.
--
Ron Vetter 1936, '84 PD dz      paradise is feeling good, not a place to go
http://www.ridgecrest.ca.us/~rfvetter