This is my first time on a newsgroup. Hopefully I'll get it right! My
husband found this for me after learning last week that my 78 year old
father in Grand Rapids, Michigan, is in the early stages of Parkinson's.
After reading a few letters, I don't have to tell anyone the emotions I
have gone through this week. I am far from alone. So now I am hoping to
gain some information to pass on to my parents.
I have been on the Internet and downloaded lots of information for them
to read. Now I would like to know if there is anyone in the G.R. area
that could supply some information. Three things come to my mind at this
point:
Support groups.
Doctors.
Inexpensive places for the drugs.
Money will be an issue as my dad was always self employed so has no
pension or medical plan to help out.
I would also be interested in hearing how others who live far from their
loved ones cope with that situation. My husband is employed by the state
of Wyoming, so a transfer is not an option!
Thanks.    Jean