Kathy Barras wrote:

> Mom takes her Sinemet WITH each
> meal and 1 in the evening. She does drink the Ensure between meals.
> Today her doctor told me that I could change med times and try to adjust
> them the best I can.

Your doctor may have been concerned that she might have some nausea when she
first started with Sinemet. Taking it with meals can greatly reduce nausea for
many people. If she is not having any nausea now, then it could be best for her
to take her Sinemet 30-60 minutes before eating meals or snacks. The Sinemet
should then be absorbed before the food enters her stomach. This may help with
her stiffness.

>  As far as the Ensure
> goes, what would be the optimal time for her "snack"?

Snacks as well as meals are best taken 30-60 minutes after the Sinemet. It may
also require a couple of weeks before she notices a difference. If there is no
difference after two weeks, then protein is probably not the cause of her
stiffness.

My very best regards to you and your mother,
Kathrynne

Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD
"Nutrition you can live with!"
Medical nutrition therapy