Liz,

Osteopaths for the most part are trained the same as allopaths (MD).  There used
to ba a turf war between MD's and DO's but to my knowledge that is pretty much
gone.  Allopathic residents are trained in the same residency programs side by
side.  The difference is largely historical.  They believed that most disease
could be treated with spinal manipulation but they practice scientific medicine
now and manipulation plays a small part in their practice.  Their knowledge of
this in a scientific context may give them a slight advantage in PD treatment
over and equally trained allopath.

Charlie

--

CHARLES T. MEYER, M.D.