Some of you know me, some of you know of me........I've written to the
list rarely and only when I've had something I felt worth expressing....
today is your lucky day once again <tongue in cheek> !! You see I have a
friend who will be marching on courageously tomorrow to have a
pallidotomy......his name is Greg Danton.......I've never personally met him,
but like all of us, we make friends, lovers, and even soulmates through
this crazy mediam. Greg is my friend, and a good guy........and I'd like to
pull from the power of numbers on this list and have us all say a prayer
that he comes throw this scary procedure with flying colors...... I figure
maybe, God will hear a couple of hundred voices in prayer and give one
of the good guys a break.......one can only hope!! Greg was a scratch
golfer at one time in his life........I personally hope to swing the sticks with
him after he pulls through this......since I've taken the podium so to speak,
I've got one more thing to say...........This goes to all of you who are
courageous members of the "hole in the head gang"........I've had the
fortune to express my thanks to David Boots and Greg through a private
message, now I'd like to publicly thank all of you.........Why you ask? It is
simple..........without you, without your strength to face the odds, and
have the medical community literally plug and pry and perfect a yet to be
perfected procedure those of us who have been lucky enough to be able
to continue to put off having this done to us are ultimately benefiting from
others misfortunes..........in a way, I am ashamed, yet grateful.......So, to
those of you I do not know, for what it's worth............you have my
deepest thanks and respect and gratitude..........okay, I've held the floor
long enough..........GOOD LUCK GREG.......we're praying for ya!!!  Kevin
<aka: Bud>

"That what does not kill us, can only make us stronger"
                                                                            NAG

M. Kevin Lacey, 40/8