dear cyber-dad-don

you wrote:
> after reading the mail from the list family
>i had a little pity party on myself.
>i can't spell even with my speller
>or put on paper what is in my heart for all pd's
>janet, barb are just 2 of the family who can
>maybe some day i will some day
>love you all.
>I.Y.Q.
>DON&VIVIAN

hmph!
so you were feeling a little sorry for yourself
just because you 'can't spell' or
just because you think you can't express your feelings on paper?
[um - cyber-paper?]

maybe barb and i can express our feelings in a certain way
but we are all unique
and you express your feelings wonderfully in your own way
[so many of us
can find it so difficult to just figure out
what we are feeling, let alone express them]

as i wrote to you privately the other day:

you have a very strong personality
and a very mature and wise outlook on a lot of things
so you should speak your mind

you help a lot of people when you do
even though you may not realize it

everyone of us has a different and unique personal history
what may seem 'normal'  or 'average' to you
may be unusual to someone else
and vice versa

i think you might have a tendency to criticize yourself too much
like the majority of people [including me!]

think of how jesus felt about little children
he loved them for themselves
just as they are
not for anything they have done or not done

that's the kind of love we need to learn to feel for ourselves

that doesn't mean we should be egotistic or selfish

but we need to be
as kind and understanding and forgiving of ourselves
as much as we would be towards anyone else

it's a hard lesson to learn in our society
which denigrates any idea of 'self-love'
and i think it is especially hard for men

with all the med changes you've been experiencing lately
your brain chemistry has probably been
affecting some of your perceptions
but not so much
that you are not aware of mr pd and mr don
when they switch places!

you manage to put a heck of a lot on paper
but i think you 'pooh-pooh' your efforts
because they are not perfectly spelled etc

remember what i said about loving and forgiving yourself?
do you think god cares about your spelling?
no
god cares about what is in your heart and intentions
and i can't imagine a sweeter, kinder, or more loving heart than yours

mr pd might just show up once in awhile
specifically in order to make sure you appreciate mr don!

worrying about whether mr pd shows up
is a waste of energy
like worrying when it rains or snows
the sun always comes out eventually

there's tons of stuff we don't understand
and never will
so what?

life is a mystery all in itself
all i know for sure is that we are here to learn and to love
if we understood everything, there'd be nothing left to learn, would there?

BTW = by the way,
FWIW = for whatever it's worth,
shedding tears isn't necessarily a sign of sadness
it's a sign of strong emotion that needs to be released
that emotion could be happiness, love, joy, fulfillment, gratitude
et cetera et cetera et cetera

sorry to repeat so much of my 'private message' to you
but i always think there's no harm
in a little repetitive redundancy

love

sis

janet paterson
50-9 / sinemet-selegiline-prozac
almonte-ontario-canada / [log in to unmask]