Rob Reiner wrote:

> Pioneer Services International Ltd.  of Boca Raton, announced Wednesday the
> results of preclinical trials and research conducted at Cornell University
> Medical College on Sciatic Nerve Growth and Repair, utilizing the Jacobson
> Resonator emitting Piclo Tesla range magnetic fields.

The long post by Rob Reiner is very interesting, but has absolutely
*no* impact on the day-to-day clinical management of Parkinson's
disease.  The studies, if valid, are, in the poster's own words,
*"preclinical"* and are on pieces of nerve tissue *outside of the
(rats') bodies* (that's what "in vitro" means).  Sciatic nerve fibers
are also very different from nerve tracts inside the brain.  The
"proprietary" nature of this research also disturbs me, as it is
unusual for major medical breakthroughs to be announced in *business*
magazines, such as "Business Wire".

There was a series of articles written over the last decade by a Dr.
R. Sandyk (with some of the articles being collaborated with by Dr.
Robert Iacono, of pallidotomy note) which described "pico-tesla
magnetic fields" (very low energy) being useful in the treatment of
arthritis, multiple sclerosis, and Parkinson's disease.  These
articles appeared mainly in a journal *owned* by Dr. Sandyk, and not
in any "mainstream" medical journal.

All of this may be coincidence; but, as I have urged before, please
be cautious and do not jump into something which may be only a scheme
to make money for some company.

Best,

Bob

ROBERT A. FINK, M. D., F.A.C.S.
Neurological Surgery
2500 Milvia Street  Suite 222
Berkeley, CA  94704-2636  USA
Phone:  (510) 849-2555   FAX:  (510) 849-2557

WWW:  <http://www.dovecom.com/rafink/>

mailto:[log in to unmask]

"Ex Tristitia Virtus"