Hello everyone.
I am reading the messages of this group now for several weeks and I
would like to introduce myself to you now. My name is Jaap (Dutch for
Jacob), I am 51 years old, living in Groningen (Netherlands). The
definitive diagnose PD is set by my neurologist about 2 and a half years
ago. The symptoms started about 5 till 7 years ago, but they were
confused with some symptoms of diabetes 1, a decease I=92v been also
blessed with since about 20 years. I=92m on Sinemet CR, 4 times a day 125=

mg. Further lots of medicine for diabetes, nerve-pain and kidneys. My
main (PD) problems are (often but not always) a left-handed tremor (I=92m=

lefthanded), bradykiniesia, difficulty with balance and walking, some
speech, and swallowing problems. I=92m driving (racing sometimes) a
wheelchair. I=92m still working full time as a social worker for disabled=

people. I=92m married; our only son (22) committed suicide last summer, s=
life isn=92t all too beautiful at the moment. Reading all of your message=
is very helpful, I=92m not feeling so isolated anymore. I wonder if there=

are more PD=92s with diabetes and how they cope with the both of them. I
would appreciate hearing from any of you (of course also from
non-diabetics). Thank you for listening/reading.

Jaap Dijk