At 08:50 PM 2/20/98 +0100, J. Dijk wrote:
>Hello everyone.
>I am reading the messages of this group now for several weeks and I
>would like to introduce myself to you now. My name is Jaap (Dutch for
>Jacob), I am 51 years old, living in Groningen (Netherlands). The
>definitive diagnose PD is set by my neurologist about 2 and a half years
>ago. The symptoms started about 5 till 7 years ago, but they were
>confused with some symptoms of diabetes 1, a decease I'v been also
>blessed with since about 20 years. I'm on Sinemet CR, 4 times a day 125
>mg. Further lots of medicine for diabetes, nerve-pain and kidneys. My
>main (PD) problems are (often but not always) a left-handed tremor (I'm
>lefthanded), bradykiniesia, difficulty with balance and walking, some
>speech, and swallowing problems. I'm driving (racing sometimes) a
>wheelchair. I'm still working full time as a social worker for disabled
>people. I'm married; our only son (22) committed suicide last summer, so
>life isn't all too beautiful at the moment. Reading all of your messages
>is very helpful, I'm not feeling so isolated anymore. I wonder if there
>are more PD's with diabetes and how they cope with the both of them. I
>would appreciate hearing from any of you (of course also from
>non-diabetics). Thank you for listening/reading.
>
>Jaap Dijk

 sorry to here about your son. i to have diabets. live whit both my balance
and tremor are bad. my babt of 48 works whith mental handcapped. she trys to
teach how to work at a job she has been bitten black eyes kicked but loves
her job her husband allso does the same work. it takes a spechel person to
work withthem. so am glad you do the same had pd 32yrs.73yrs old i miss my
sweets as they just found out i have it. I.Y.Q. DON&VIVIAN