Kitty asked:
"Is there anyone out there who has taken Eldepryl, and only Eldepryl, for two
years, or three years, or even longer, without a substantial worsening of
symptoms or the need to go on to Sinemet?"

Kitty -
 I was on Eldepryl only for almost nine years  (diagnosed in 89) and my only
symptom has been a tremor on the left side (both arm and leg).  The tremor has
worsened over the years, and I quit Eldepryl about five or six months ago
because I thought my body needed a break from it and I wanted to try some
other medications and see what they would do on their own.  I tried Amantadine
for a few months--no effect.  I tried Mirapex for a few months--no effect. I'm
not sure what my next step will be.  I have participated in a lot of
Alternative ideas:  removal of dental amalgams, chelation thereapy, and I take
various antioxidants.
I don't know if what I am doing is having any effect. Maybe the PD would have
been slow progressing anyway, and maybe it isn't progressing slowly.  Maybe I
was diagnosed early.  I've noticed that many on this list had PD for years
before they were diagnosed, so there are many who went for years without
Sinemet. I would like to believe (and actually, I do believe) that the
Eldepryl and the Alternative treatments have made a difference.
   I wish you the best in all of your decisions.
Sincerely,
Joan