^^^^^^WARM GREETINGS  FROM^^^^^^^^^^
Ivan Suzman  48/10         [log in to unmask]
Portland, Maine   land of lighthouses    40 deg. Fmelting snow
Dear Brian, Stefan, Dennis, Ron,  Linda and Gail,

  Linda Corson asks: "... my basic nuts-n-bolts questions are:

  1. What's the minimum daily carbidopa level for the levodopa to be
maximally
effective?
   2. What are the side-effects of too much carbidopa?
   3. At what level do the side-effects typically start to app ear?"

   I am especially interested in questions 2 and 3 and would like to
share any insights with my monthly support group.  It meets tomorrow
afternoon.

   I also would like to add another question to the fascinating
carbidopa/levodopa discussion occurring on the list.  My "kick-in" time
for Carbidopa/levodopa 25/100 is about 35 minutes, with some variations.

 QUESTION:  Would a 10/100 pill kick in at the same rate?

  I am wondering  how the c-dopa/l-dopa ratios (1/4 and 1/10) influence a
PWP's dosing schedule.

Thanks,

Ivan