George, I think your idea  of a pamphlet is wonderful. I especially like
the idea of making someone available to the newly diagnosed PWP to talk to.

I remember FedExing my mother printouts from the Web so that she could get
an understanding of the disease before the pamphlets that we did order
arrived. However, after receiving the pamphlets, I realized that they would
have been the best introduction to the disease (some of the printouts I
sent were alarming).

I think that included in the packet should be some of the pieces I've found
so informative and the ones I keep returning to: a glossary of terms, a
short description of the types of medicines available to PWPs (e.g.,
agonists, MAO inhibitors), a list of drugs that are counterindicated for
those taking certain PD drugs, something on vitamins and exercise.

Good luck and let me know if I can be of any help (I'm in W. Townsend, MA).

Debbie White