<< The reason for this posting is because I am also interested in all the info
 I can get about pallidotomy.  For example what are the risks, is it helpful
 for people with severe symptoms(and are not responding well to sinemet),
 where are some of the best places to have it done, and are there any
 locations near Illinois that are doing this surgery? >>

Angie,

The American Parkinson Disease Association's Information & Referral Center in
Illinois can help you with information & resources in Illinois, including
pallidotomy programs.  They can be reached at 1/800-223-9776.