Sheila Chaudoin wrote:

> I have a friend whose father was just last year diagnosed with PD.  He
> also has diabeties and was just last December placed on Requip 25 mg a
> day.  They have been having trouble adjusting keeping his diabeties at a
> good level.   Is this because of the Requip?

Dear Sheila,
Requip is so new that there isn't a great deal of information out about it
yet. I've checked and find nothing about abnormal glucose control with use
of Requip.  However, blood sugar can be affected by many conditions,
particularly stress, and it's possible that these conditions could have
caused some changes.

I recommend he work closely with a registered dietitian, who may be able to
suggest changes that will help control his glucose. His endocrinologist also
may be able to try a different medication that could help stabilize his
blood sugar.

Best regards,
Kathrynne

--