Sheila,

FYI... my mother was using the Requip "30 day sample pack" (is no longer using
Requip); during that time, we noticed no change in her blood sugar levels.
(Admittedly, we check glucose OFTEN, which helps to keep sugar balanced by
food or insulin, as needed.)  My mom has had diabetes for 50+ years and is
considered by every doctor who sees her to be a "healthy diabetic", though
quite "brittle", totally due (I credit her!) to her incredible discipline in
maintenance/nutrition for so many years.  Now that her daughters have taken
over her care, we feel that we can put forth no less effort.  Best of luck to
you in that venture; it is a constant puzzle, but... workable.

Update on Leah... following a month on the Sinemet (which followed that first
trial use of Requip alone), we observed NOT ONE change in Mom's symptoms; if
anything, the dementia/confusion were so much worse, the appetite totally gone
and weight on a downhill slide... from 104 to 96 within the Sinemet month.
Yikes!
The neurologist recommended stopping the PD medication attempts-- saying that
it appears that Mom's symptoms stem from some other disease with the PD
"look".  And so.... here we are.  Three days off of Sinemet in the midst of a
cloud of mystery.  Months ago, my sister, Ann, and her husband had researched
via internet and come up with their "guess" that Mom might have  "Lewy Bodies
Dementia"... has anyone had experience/acquaintance with this disease?  It
seems that it mirrors some of the symptoms of both PD and Altzheimers... no
treatment, though, alas (at least, as far as we have been able to research
thus far).

I thank you, everyone, for your continuing inspiration, courage, humor and
wisdom.  And I plan to sign in EVERY day for the long haul, since your wisdom,
beyond the specifics of particular drugs and treatments, often brings light to
our situation.  So many of your names and the stories and spirit you share ...
truly bring tears AND a laughter of gratitude and warm joy from my heart.
IYQ...4FR!!!

With love and deepest respect,
Carole, CG for Leah 75