        Sheila:

        Are you certain about the dosage of Requip?

        It was my understanding that the FDA maximum recommended
        dosage was 24 Mg and the Requip was to be titrated upward
        slowly.

        The drug manufacturer, SmithKline Beecham, recommended a
        starting dosage of .25 Mg three times daily then titrated
        at 0.25 Mg three times daily on weekly intervals.The maximum
        recommended was 8 Mg three times daily.

At 10:02 02/23/98 -0600, you wrote:
>I have a friend whose father was just last year diagnosed with PD.  He
>also has diabeties and was just last December placed on Requip 25 mg a
>day.  They have been having trouble adjusting keeping his diabeties at a
>good level.   Is this because of the Requip?  Any thoughts would be much
>appreciated.  Thanks.  Sheila
>
>Sheila Chaudoin                 Phone: 319-263-3065
>Musser Public Library           Fax: 319-264-1033
>304 Iowa Ave.                   [log in to unmask]
>Muscatine, Ia  52761-3875       http://www.rbls.lib.il.us/mus/index.html

E. Jack Savely CG for Jeannette 59/21+ Topeka, KS
KANSAS - 'THE WHEAT STATE' HOME OF THE SUNFLOWER AND 'TOTO'
Ad Astra per Aspera  -  'To the Stars through Difficulty'