Dear List-family... (looooong message)

First the disclaimer:  I ain't gonna make so much as one thin dime on the
following!  I WILL, however, be getting my vitamins and supplements at cost,
whether or not the group of ya go along with the following or not...

I was at a family wedding last Sunday and sat next to a cousin who
is a registered pharmacist and owner of his own pharmacy here in the
Los Angeles area.

Over the course of the evening we discussed the escalating current
interest in many of the old herbs and supplements which have been
around, in many cases for hundreds of years, and there now
enjoying a rebirth and renewed popularity, world wide.

Cousin Nelson asked me what I was paying for the vitamins and
supplements I was taking.  Knowing my always precarious financial
condition, he offered me to provide them to me at his cost.  BLESS HIM!

We'd discussed my involvement with the PD List and my local PD
support group and one of the things I'd brought up was that so many of
us would like to be able to regularly purchase and take supplements and
vitamins, but are hampered by the high retail cost.  I mentioned Ivan's
problem, as an example, with being unable to have a regular supply of
NADH which he finds so beneficial when he's able to take it daily.

One thing lead to another, and suddenly Nelson came up with what MAY
be a solution for our List-family to purchase vitamins and/or supplements
AS A GROUP at a more reasonable cost then we're currently able to do
as individuals.  This could also apply to our personal local PD support
groups, thus enlarging the pool of purchasers.

Cuz Nelson offered to purchase our most popularly used vitamins and
supplements (and we'd have to create a list of them) at HIS cost, and will
pass on as much of a discount as is possible yet still make some profit
himself.    This is along the lines of a "Buyers Co-op."  The bigger the bulk
purchase, the lower the price to the purchaser.  The purchaser then is able
to keep the cost down when doing resales.

IF the group decides to go ahead with this, I'd need ya drop me a BRIEF
email  listing what over-the-counter vitamins and/or supplements you
would be interested in purchasing, plus the brand name, the strength
you buy and the dosage you take each day (in ICUs, milligrams, etc),
AND what you feel would be a fair price to pay thru a Co-op, keeping
in mind there'd be modest shipping and handling costs involved, too (at
least "modest" for shipping within the USA and possibly Canada)

I will *NOT* ... repeat "NOT" respond to all email messages 'cause it'd be
too time consuming for me.  And I won't be offended if the group or any
individuals decides to NOT participate in this endeavor.

Again.... I will make NO profit, NO commission, and NO salary from the
"Co-op,"  should this proposed project become reality.  My concern is I'd like
to see EACH of us be able to access ALL the vitamins and supplements we feel
may add quality and ease our daily life as we battle Parkinson's.  Because of
this, I'm willing to initially act as an information conduit between the List
and Nelson.   IF this is a "go," I'll teach Nelson and how go online and he'll
take it  from there.

Barb Mallut