Ken,
I knew you would do what could.  I am  however stumped as to how we can
organize our efforts.  There is in my opinion still a need to get the word
out.  I was extremely dissappointed in Michael Claeys message today.  He did
a good job of explaining the process to appropriate funds and what other
funding will be available eventually. Beyond that I saw very little to
convince us that alphabet soup of Parkinson's Organizations have a plan.

I didn't see specifics about what these materials are going to do for the
PWP's that don't know how to access information or are so self-conscious
about their movements they never see the light of day.  We need to reach out
in  the many rural areas and to less affluent PWP's who don't have access to
computers or any other type of communication line to know of the benefits of
this bill.  You can provide all the literature you want but if you don't
provide a link for its delivery, you might as well not print it.  I want to
know what are the plans on finding a way to impact these people. A lot of
PWP's still don't know what's available either in treatment or homecare.

The reclusive nature of these people has a significant impact on their
progression.  Not only are they frustrated and depressed, they are sadly in
need of some compassion.  I also have a problem with the lack of plan to
unify the national organizations into one streamlined entity.  This would
cut the costs of their budgets "big time" and free up the funds necessary to
actually reach people in need.

We all understand the importance to expedite funding.  We need to go further
than that.  We need more help from the nationals with the network of support
groups.  I know these people are advocates of our cause, but it is a cause
of consternation when we have in fighting.  Coordinating testimony is a step
in the right direction.  And, I am not naive enough to think this will be
solved any time soon.  Egos, financial considerations and the nature of
organizations to be competitive will not be solved overnight.  However, I
will not rest until there is an agreement to unite.  It makes economic,
logistical and common sense.

Finally, Michael when you remind of us that there is a scandal mentality you
do in fact help to perpetuate it.  Oops, I just did it too.  Although you
were obviously trying to communicate a positive message, it  really was
defensive and full of excuses.  I applaud your efforts in seeing the Udall
Bill passed, however,  I can't condone a listing of what you have achieved.
We all know about the funds that are earmarked to help bring a cure.  I
would hope you would look to the future and put all your efforts into
unification, appropriation of funding, and how we can most efficiently
deliver information to those who need it.
Thanks for your help!
Greg Leeman 37/6