     I have a question, similar to Jeanette's about the "Food for
the Future" articles. In the first one, it sounded like the
authors were talking about "Natural" Vitamin E, as vitamins
derived from food sources, rather than supplements. The second
one, however discussed Vitamin E supplements (400 - 3200 IU
daily).

     At the first visit to my neuro, he recommended taking
Vitamin E and C supplements, but in much lower amounts than
mentioned in this article. I asked a friend who is a dietician
about this, and it was her opinion that the vitamins found in
certain foods are more beneficial than vitamin supplements. Foods
high in Vitamin E include green leafy vegetables, nuts, seeds and
whole grains. She suggested at least 5 servings of fruits and
vegetables a day,but it seems you would have to eat much more in
order to get up to 3200 IU of vitamin E as suggested in the
article.

      She also believes that there is no difference between so
called "natural" vitamin supplements and any other kind, and
suggested buying whichever vitamin is the cheapest.

     Anyone have more information about this?

Linda Herman