hi all

in re the current selegiline discussion
[selegiline is the generic name for eldepryl aka deprenyl]
i have posted several pubmed abstracts giving medical study results

there was a small controversy a year or two ago
about a british study that seemed to indicate a higher than expected death
rate

mention has also been made by the manufacturers of selegiline
of a potential interaction with fluoxetine aka prozac

based on all that i've learned on this listserv about selegiline
and all the medical studies i've read and posted into our archives,
i have not seen any reason to discontinue my nine year use of selegiline

if anyone [with web access] is interested in reviewing the pubmed abstracts
the pd list archives can be searched at the 'James' website
kindly provided by Simon Coles:

1. go to his website:
     "Welcome to James"  at:
     http://new.parkinsons.org.uk/index.htm

2. click on the 'hot link' to the search page
     and then enter the following terms in the search query window:
     pmid AND selegiline AND janet paterson

3. you should then receive a list of approximately 60 messages
     [don't be overwhelmed; there are several duplicates in the list]
     click on one of them to look at it
     you could then print it, or download it, or mail it to yourself

knowledge = power

your cyber-sibling in archyology

janet

janet paterson
50-9 / sinemet-selegiline-prozac
almonte-ontario-canada / [log in to unmask]