Hi Ervin;
While I am on meds now (since July 1996) I had sporadic symptoms in
the late '60s and through the '70s and an abundance of symptoms in
the early '80s leading to the conclusion in '86 that I had early
stages of MS.  I was very active (construction worker up to '85) and
took Vitamins C & E throughout this time (and still do).  I took a
form of step therapy involving conscious slow deliberate weight
changes and stepping (at first on the level) progressing to minor
elevations.  I still find myself unconsciously "practising walking"
from time to time.  Any way with the therapy and exercise (and
ballroom dance lessons 1990-1995) my symptoms were very minor and pd
was not diagnosed until 1994.  So even though I wasn't aware that I
had Pd I would say Pd progressed very slowly for years (and
still does) probably due to exercise and possibly vitamins.  Now that
I know about pd I can look back (as Charles said hindsight is 20-20.)
and say that in my case pd was manageable for years without drugs.

MS was of course ruled out years ago.

> To all list members,
>
> I would like to known if there any members  who are treating their PD
> without the use of drugs.  If so, and how long have you had PD, and how are
> you progress ing?

Does that fit with what you're asking????????????

I've been very interested in the posts on Vitamin E lately and then
todays post (Nancy) on exercise.  I think it all makes sense.

Regards.................Murray
.