The article we saw was from the Associated Press, and appeared in the
Dayton Daily News on Nov.23,1997.  It featured(with color picture) Mr.
Louis Paulmier and his dog, who is trained to stand in front of him and
brace him,should he start to fall, and place a paw on his foot when he
freezes.   It stated Paulmier is "among a small group in a program that
pairs( PWPS)with trained dogs."  The program is run by Independence
Dogs,Inc., with sponsorship from Pennsylvania Hospital (Philadelphia) and
SmithKline Beecham(maker of Requip, BTW).  It further states that IDI
charges nothing for the dogs or the training program, and is funded by
charitable gifts. Paulmier, who used to fall 20 times a day, "now walks
better than he did with 2 canes", the article added, and told interesting
details about him also.
If Mike Claes wants the article, I can smail it to him.

  Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 79/8
  Oxford, OH
 * Ask me about the CARE list for*
 *   Parkinson's caregivers !    *