Can you help us?  We are researching the working conditions of
part-time teachers of writing.  Our particular interest is in the
following areas:
.    salary per course
.    class size
.    number, length, and type of assignments
.    teaching support (e.g. office space, secretarial services)
.    obligations outside the classroom tied to the course (e.g.
     office hours, meetings, etc.)
.    benefits (dental insurance, pensions, etc.)
.    job security
.    number of classes required/ allowed to teach

Were your present working conditions negotiated through group or
individual efforts?  Do you have a union or collective agreement?

We would very much appreciate a response by Friday, March 20, so
that we can use the information to prepare a presentation to our
group of writing teachers.

Jane Ledwell-Brown and Donna Lee Smith
Centre for the Study and Teaching of Writing
McGill University

Please contact Jane at [log in to unmask] and Donna Lee at