Hi Ron-- One of the side effects listed for Requip is "somnolence"--and as
Peter had this trouble long before Requip it was hard to tell if that made
him sleepier :-(  However, we did think so initially,but he now says it is
not so bad. I really don't think the Requip was the main culprit for him.
He titrated very slowly up to 1 mg ( 4x.25) 3X a day, but as his neuro says
the max. does is 6mg a day, we are going to try adding more now. There is a
1 mg tablet, so one doesn't have to swallow so many of the tiny ones.
Try to stick it out, as some have said it improved after a while.

>I am in my fourth or fifth week of Ropinirole.  I have leveled off at
>9x.25mg /day.  I am thus far marginal about the whole experience.  One
>problem I am having is intense sleepiness after my noon dose (and sometimes
>my morning dose).  This was not a problem before I started Ropinirole.  Is
>this something unrelated or are other people having similar problems?  My
>only other PD med is Eldepryl.
>
>                Ron Reiner 59/2

       Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter, 79/8+ <[log in to unmask]>

              * Knowing when to insist, and when to let be,*
              * is,perhaps, a lifetime learning experience *
              *                 --Mary McCurry             *