Ron,

     I have been taking Requip for about 3 months now; currently
taking 2 mg 3X/day. I've also experienced drowsiness about a half
hour after taking each dose. However, in the last three weeks or
so, this side effect seems to be less noticable. Maybe it just
takes some time for the body to adjust.

     I've also noticed, as others have mentioned, a wearing off
effect. It seemed that each time I increased the dosage, the
Requip seemed to be very efective for a few weeks. I've been
interspacing Requip and Sinemet (which I've cut down to 1/2 tab
Sinemet CR 50/200 twice a day), and there were times when I
actually forgot to take the Sinemet. But after about 2 or 3
weeks, the Requip seemed to work less effectively, and for
shorter periods of time, and it was necessary to increase the
dosage. Has anyone been able to reach a dosage which has been
effective for an extended period of time?

Linda Herman