Pasted below is a notice from another List to which I belong about
the problem of "attachments", incouding a comment about "Microsoft
e-mail software".  This refers to Internet Explorer, versions 3 and
4, and also to Outlook Express:

It's not a good thing to attach *any* files to your  postings, as
most of the membership is on Digest and your attachment will look like
gibberish.

If you're using Microsoft email software, please note that it
AUTOMATICALLY will create attachments of your "quoted" or
"responding-to" material and tack it on the end of your email.

So please spare us all the attachments.

So please, those of you who are using this software, go into your
"Options" or "preferences" sections (I don't know what it is called
since I don't use that software), and disable those features when
writing to Lists.

Best,

Bob

ROBERT A. FINK, M. D., F.A.C.S.
Neurological Surgery
2500 Milvia Street  Suite 222
Berkeley, CA  94704-2636  USA
Phone:  (510) 849-2555   FAX:  (510) 849-2557

WWW:  <http://www.dovecom.com/rafink/>

mailto:[log in to unmask]

"Ex Tristitia Virtus"