When my father was hospitalized for the infection in his leg, he was so out
of it that they elected to discontinue Clozaril.  As the infection began to
clear up, we noticed that his mental state was actually beginning to
improve.  When he began hallucinating again, the neuro elected to try
Seroquel.

The results have been wonderful.  He is oriented, alert and sharper mentally
than he has been in some time.  His energy level is much higher than it had
been.  The primary issue now is regaining some of the mobility he has lost
during two periods of being bedridden over the past two months.  He is
having some beginning and end of dose issues with Sinimet, but his tremors
seem to be less pronounced than they had been.  For the record, he gets 25
mg, 3x per day.

The neuro told me that Seroquel would have been his first choice over
Zyprexa had he been fully aware of the drug profile and potential benefits
when the need for an anti-psychotic first arose back in December.

Mark Klapper