Kathy:
Freezing can be a very real part of Parkinson's.  My husband, age 58 has had
PD for 14 years.  He has had episodes of freezing in the past.  They can and
do seem to happen out of the blue, but usually you can relate to some stress
when you think it through.  I would suggest you talk to your doc, he may need
a medication  adjustment.  Sometimes touching the person will help or putting
objects in front of them to step over, and these can be as simple as coins or
masking tape on the floor.  I'm sure there will be a lot of people reading
your message that can offer some help.  In fact it may be more helpful to hear
from someone who has PD and has actually experienced it.  As a care partner
let me assure you that even though it is frightening, as you learn more about
it, and understand how you can be supportive it helps.
Carolyn  CG for Hubby 58/14