At 11:27 PM 3/3/98 EST, Ken wrote:
>Maybe, if not for the lithium, his PD might have been worse, or started
>sooner, or maybe the dose of lithium is not suffiicient to help the PD?  Just
>a couple of wild guesses....

As has been pointed out many times, PD is a designer disease.  Each PWP has
a unique response to drugs, whether dosage, type, frequency, side effects,
efficacy, or whatever.  As we have seen, what works for one PWP may have no
effect or an opposite effect on another PWP.  There are people for whom
Prozac is a depressant or Penicillin is a poison.  Anything that affects
the neurotransmitters can affect each PWP uniquely.  The effect will depend
not only on the drug, but on the medical history of the patient.  Lithium
may help (none)(few)(some)(many)(all) PWP.  The purpose of the referenced
study is to establish error bars (how much lithium, how many PWP) for
lithium's impact on PD.
                                                                                Peace, John