FOR IMMEDIATE  RELEASE

Rutland,  March 12 -- Dale Severance, a founder of the national
Parkinson's
Alliance, will speak at the March 12 meeting of the Rutland Regional
Parkinson's Support Group.The brand new Alliance will furnish leadership
to the entire Parkinson's community  by  setting  an agenda for  action
in coping
with the disease and developing  a cure,  and by  facilitating
cooperation in
the attainment of these goal.

Severance will take his listeners on a fascinating  voyage, retracing
the steps
of the major players  in the game  with words and video camera as they
jockied for position and vied for funds and members --  and as  they
made  halting efforts to work together  in supporting the Udall Bill, a
measure they  recognized far
transcended them in importance to their  members.

Severance's  behind -the - scene coverage of these events, in particular
of a crucial Miami confab, will advance understanding of where we are
today and
how we can best support future efforts to put an end to the terrible
scourge we call  Parkinson's Disease. Members of the public are  welcome
at the meeting, which will start promptly at 2;00 PM next Thursday,
March l2th, at Trinity Episcopal Church, 85 West Street in downtown
Rutland.  Those planning to attend should so inform  Elliott Haynes at
phone/fax 492-3566. Haynes is also available for further
information.