HEADS UP!!  This is NOT a hoax!   This is NOT an Internet chain mail message -
I've posted it ONLY here on the List for benefit of my fellow
List-family.

The "Michaelangelo" virus has been around for the past several years
and ONLY strikes on the birthday of Michaelanglo - March 6 (I think that's
it.... confirmation of the date would be welcome).   If your system gets hit
by the Michealangelo virus, your entire hard drive can be wiped out.

Since this virus strikes on one day... the SAME day... each year, EVEN
if your system has somehow been contaminated by the Michaelangelo
virus, you CAN easily avoid being hit by it and not lose any data.

To avoid possible system-wipeout by the Michaelangelo virus you options:

1.   Leave your computer OFF from a few minutes prior to the computer clock's
changing at midnite to the new date on the 6th until the 7th (not
such an easy thing to do if you're an email addict like me!) <grin>.  IF
your PC is off from the 5th thru the 7th, the virus can't be activated by your
booting up on the 6th.

2.   Do NOT turn your computer off AT ALL between March 5th and
March 7th 'cause the virus cannot strike if you don't boot-up on the 6th.
(Which is what I do each year as the 6th approaches)

3.   Make sure your virus program (you DO use a virus program regularly,
don't ya?   AND ya have it's most current up-to-date version installed on
your system, right?  RIGHT?)  can eradicate the Michaelangelo virus and
run it on the 6th (because the other 363 days of the year this nasty virus
is inactive)

Good luck on the 6th!

Barb Mallut