Two different times within the past year I've been on two different
antibiotics for non-Parkinson's related conditions.   The first time I was
on Flagyl and more recently I was on Bactrim.

I was struck by the fact that for the duration of the time I was on each
antibiotic.... one week apiece ... and for 3 or 4 days after I stopped
taking each antibiotic I wasn't burdened by that AWFUL overwhelming
daily fatigue and drowsiness that has been such a problem to me for the
last several years.

I'm curious.  I know many of our List-family take or took Amantidine
instead Sinemet and Amantidine IS an antibiotic as I understand it.
Do those of ya who take Anantidine/Symmatril suffer on a near-daily
basis from that "kick-ass Parkie fatigue," or not?

I may be grasping at straws here, but I stopped taking Bactrim last Thursday,
and the week I was on it, plus for five days after I stopped, I felt quite
good.  That's not to say I didn't have my usual PD symptoms, but there was NO
fatigue or drowsiness during the time I took the antibiotic, and THAT felt
simply WONDERFUL!!

Thanks for your input.. <yawning>

Barb Mallut