Interesting how there seems to be many symbols out there in the form of a
pin. The lavendar ribbon pin I received seems to be the same as Camilla's.
The one I got is from DuPont Pharmaceutical company. It came with the
following poem:

The Caged Bird is Free

The door has been opened
The caged bird is
free
No longer a captive she flies,
Released for a time
from the bonds
that have
held her
She stretches her wings and enjoys.
She'll come back to her cage
When she's weary and spent,
In need of a sheltering rest,
Content in the knowing
She's dealt with the world
And free to confront it at will.

composed by Margaret F. Moylan, Herkimer, NY
published by Parkinsonian Publications, Tyler, TX
1993 c collection of poetry titled: Symphony in Counterpoint, An Overture
to Hope

I take is as a symbol of hope, perhaps universal for all people.
My mother will be having a pallidotomy at USC in the next few months, and I
thought such a symbol wouldn't hurt.
Debbie