Barb,
        You are correct about the 3/6 date for Michelangelo to strike.  :-}(

Here is some data about the virus.

If the computer is booted from the hard disk, or if the Master Boot Sector
is already infected, the virus checks the current date, assuming the
machine is equipped with a real-time clock. If the current date is the 6th
of March, the virus will systematically proceed to destroy all data on the
infected disk.

[It was a researcher (not the virus writer) who named the virus after
Michelangelo Buonarroti, the Italian Renaissance artist, on
the grounds that Michelangelo was born on the 6th March 1475. The
connection between the virus' trigger date and the anniversary of the birth
of the artist is tenuous in the extreme -- it is almost certain that the
virus writer had a different reason for selecting 6th March as a trigger
date.]
Jeff