Camilla H.Flintermann wrote:

> I also have a lavender ribbon pin, supposed to be for PD--enamel on metal.
>
> >Recently at a local meeting I received a pin. It is a lavendar colored
> >ribbon. Does this represent Parkinson's Disease?
>
>   Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 79/8
>   Oxford, OH
>  * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
>  * Ask me about the CARE list for*
>  *   Parkinson's caregivers !    *
>  * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Hello to all;

Possibly the fuschia (or lavender) colored pin you are referring to is
the one put out in 1994 by DuPont Pharma.  It was distributed on a white
card with a lovely poeem, "The Caged Bird is Free," written by Margaret
F. Moylan, Herkimer, NY, a PWP and an active member of the Central NY
Parkinson's Support Group, Inc.

Re: Walkers- Many people in our Support Group use the Rover Walkers. If
anyone needs info about them I can give you an (800) number to get
information.

I follow the comments of all regarding PD awareness! Our Support Group
has been doing all of the things mentioned from the time the group was
formed. TV appearances by both PWP's and CG's have been done several
times. Informational programs have been presented at local hospitals &
nursing homes. Parkinson's Awareness Days have been held in area malls.
We have a newsletter with a circulation of over 300. We service a very
rural area. I was under the impression that all of the Support Groups
did similar things!

Nancy McCaffrey  CG for Ed 69/7+