March 1, 1998

Hi Everyone -

I like the idea of the Atlanta PD support group's Parkinson's pin that
looks great and says "Parkinson's Find the Cure" on it.  If anyone finds
out how to order one of these, please let me know.

I am impressed by Canada's tulip program to raise money for PD
research.  We need something like this here in the United States.  I am
interested in a Tulip pin also.

Today I finally got around to writing letters to Maine's Senators and
Congressmen asking them to suporrt and help make the funding of the
Udall Bill a reality.  I strongly urge you to write to your Senators and
Congressmen if you have not done so yet.  There is strength in numbers.

I also wrote to Governor King thanking him for declaring April as
Parkinson's Disease Awareness Month here in Maine and April 11th as
World Parkinson's Day last year.  I asked him to continue to support us
because of theimportance of educating the public about Parkinson's
Disease.

Have a happy day!

Karen Bardo - 44/1.8

Keeping Smiling, Laughing, Working Towards A Cure, and Never Ever Give
Up Hope!