Dear Listmembers,

Thank you, Barb Patterson and Joy Graham for your kind words! They are
very much appreciated.

As many of you know, I completed a pilot study "Risk for malnutrition
and bone fracture with Parkinson's disease" last year. This was made
possible by the generosity of a neurologist who specializes in movement
disorders and who himself performs research in PD -- Dr. Gerald C.
McIntosh. The study points to the need for further research in this
area, and also highlights some nutrition-related areas of concern.
Although nutrition cannot provide a cure for PD, it is my belief that
many hospitalizations occurring with
PD are nutrition-related and are mostly preventable.

As a result of that study I have written a handbook, "Eat well, stay
well with Parkinson's disease." I have Barbara Patterson's permission to

let listmembers know that the book is now available to the public. It is

156 pages, spiral-bound, and costs $16.00 plus shipping and handling.
Support groups who want to order a number of copies can order multiple
copies at a lower price.

If you wish more information, or would like to order, you may visit the
website:

http://www.nutritionucanlivewith.com

Click on "Parkinson's & nutrition" for information on the book.

If you wish any further information, please send e-mail to me privately,
rather than to the list. And, my thanks to Camilla, Barb, Joy, and Ray
and Helen Lakin, for reading the book and offering invaluable advice,
suggestions, and feedback. Also, special thanks to listmembers who
allowed me to reprint poetry -- these have gotten special mention by
nearly everyone who has seen the book.

My very best regards,
Kathrynne

--