Sorry Marvin..... but bread's out, too!

Here... have a banana! <ducking real fast> (grin)

Barb Mallut

----------
From:   Parkinson's Information Exchange on behalf of Giles
Sent:   Friday, March 06, 1998 4:15 PM
To:     Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN
Subject:        Re: MAO inhibitors and foods to avoid

Bananas! Piffle, piffle and triple piffle!
I eat mostly fruit for lunch (I'm a fruit fend).
The next thing I'm gonna hear is that I canna have fruit!

For each meal I could hardly wait,
I liked the variety upon my plate.
But now my meals are a sorry state,
The only things left are foods I hate!

Oh why has fate done this to me?
I, who looked forward to eating with glee.
No meat, no cheese, no chocolate.
No smoked sausage or liver hot.

Please, oh please, I beg of thee,
speak of what is left to me!
If I can't have a steak so red,
say not that all that's left is bread!

Marvin Giles

"... avoid all foods containing tyramine, which  is related to adrenaline
and  has similar though milder actions.  Such foods include liver, smoked
sausage and similar cold cuts, sardines, anchovies, pickled herring, all
cheeses except cream and cottage, yoghurt, chocolates, and certain ripe
fruits such as bananas and avocados.... also refrain from drinking beer and
wine."
 Jim Slattery - [log in to unmask]
 Central West PD Web
 http://www.bec.net.au/~cwpdg/