Donna:

I just switched from Requip to Mirapex (this very day).  Requip gave me gas
and made me sleepy/groggy all day.  Also caused me to twitch in the morning.

It's strange that you mention how bad your father feels only one year after
dx.  One year after dx, I too felt like crap.  Then, I cut out the sinemet
and the permax.  I was only left with Eldepryl and a bunch of supplements.
I immediately felt 85% better.  It's been 2.5 years now and I am still
questioning whether I should take any other medications (e.g., mirapex).
This is not a boast.  It is merely recognition that PD medications can
often be worse than the disease.  Also, their side effects are often
indistinguishable from PD symptoms.  My neuro is a firm believer in
undermedication.

I hope that this observation helps.

                Ron Reiner (59/2)

The only solid reason I have is to regain some semblance of handwriting.  I
just got a new job and I find myself doing a lot of math