Ron:

I'm very interested in the question of unnecessary medication.  I have
wondered what would happen if Alec stopped certain meds.  I
suppose I should ask the doctor (Alec is inclined to do what the
doctor says--at least intend to!).  But the dyskenesia sometimes
seem so related to the meds, I can't help but wonder.  I have read
recently about "holidays" from medicine.  Thank you for your
contribution; it has given me something to move on.
Jo
 Donna:

 I just switched from Requip to Mirapex (this very day).  Requip gave
 me gas
 and made me sleepy/groggy all day.  Also caused me to twitch in
 the morning.

 It's strange that you mention how bad your father feels only one year
 after
 dx.  One year after dx, I too felt like crap.  Then, I cut out the sinemet
 and the permax.  I was only left with Eldepryl and a bunch of
 supplements.
 I immediately felt 85% better.  It's been 2.5 years now and I am still
 questioning whether I should take any other medications (e.g.,
 mirapex).
 This is not a boast.  It is merely recognition that PD medications can
 often be worse than the disease.  Also, their side effects are often
 indistinguishable from PD symptoms.  My neuro is a firm believer in
 undermedication.

 I hope that this observation helps.

                 Ron Reiner (59/2)

 The only solid reason I have is to regain some semblance of
 handwriting.  I
 just got a new job and I find myself doing a lot of math
 At 04:44 PM 3/6/98 -0500, you wrote:
 >Hi ... I think my computers are back and I'm resubscribed.
 >I will get to those of you that sent
 >personal messages this afternoon - thanks for the support - being
 off-line
 made
 >everything worse.
 >
 >Anyway - anyone on Requip ? What dose ? My dad recently
 switched from Mirapex