My father has had Parkinsons Diease for approximately 20 years he is 62.
Last December he was admitted to hospital for Depression and Psychosis.  He
was put on Respiredone and given 16 ECT treatments over the next 2 months.
Dad has just been diagnosed with Parkinsons Dimentia last week.  He is back
in hospital with depression again.  The psychiatrists are going to do ECT's
again, we are very concerned about this as it destroys Dad's memory
temporarily and seems to take him longer to get better as he is very
confused and forgets that he has Parkinsons.  We are being given conflicting
information about the ECT's and the damage they cause, we don't know what is
the best thing to do.  Dad had only stopped treatment for 5 days and his
memory was returning when he had this lastest episode he had also stopped
the Respiredone 1 week prior.  If anyone can give us any suggestions we
would welcomely accecpt them.