At 11:44  01/03/98 -0500, Bruce Anderson wrote:
>We apparently got some publicity tonight on national television. My wife
watched a benefit concert on ABC for spinal chord injury victims.  It was
done as a tribute to Christopher Reeves.  She said in the beginning of it PD
was mentioned along with spinal chord injuries as curable with the right
support.  Can anyone give a first hand account of that?

Dr. Fred Gage of the Salk Institute said some of the best minds are
beginning to work in areas of regeneration of the central nervous system
because there is the expectation, as well as the hope, that real progress
will be made.

Christopher Reeves said, "If you would invest in the research, you could
cure Parkinsons, Alzheimers, Multiple Sclerosis and Spinal Cord Injury in
the very near future, in my life or maybe in the next ten or fifteen years.
If the public will demand that the politicians spend that little bit of
money, make that investment, I'll be up and walking around again."

Judith Richards