Bruce and others,

I am not the most compute literate person, but I am learning more
every day.
Although many of the virus problems are I believe from people who are
dumb enough to find it funny to crash someone else's system, some of
the "viruses" we find are just someone else's idea of good
programming.  Sometimes a programmer  will put a certain wording into
his/her program and it works for that specific program, but interacts
with others in a bad way. Often, I believe, the programmer is unaware
of the goof, or just does not do enough checking before putting it on
the market (for sale or as a free download).  We just need to be
wary.

Also, there are several places on the web where programs can be
gotten for free.  The best I have found is http://www.nonags.com .
They have anti-virus  program including Norton with monthly updates
available and many other programs.  I am using a Pegasus mail program
now and love it.  I downloaded it from nonags.com .

Have fun with all this computer "techie" stuff. Ha Ha

don't forget how to laugh (and do it often)
Marling McReynolds