My mother has started mirapex for the second time. The first time she ran into
blood pressure fluctuation problems that may or may not have been related to
mirapex (difference of opinion of doctors). Her blood pressure is more stable
now and she is on her second week of the .125 of mirapex 3X per day. Her neuro
has advised taking it very slowly. I should point out that I think one factor in
her more even blood pressure (especially fewer lows) is that she is now
splitting the sinemet 25/100 in half and taking a half 6 times per day instead
of a full one 3 times per day, which was suggested on this list, and her neuro
agreed. It seems such a minor thing to do, but her post lunch drops in BP
especially have been much less severe.

 The problem now is that for the last 4 days her pulse rate is running close to
100 where before she was in 60s or 70s all the time, and she feels more nervous.
Her blood pressure medicine is now cardizem CD and diuril. She stopped taking
tenormin (atenalol) last week, and her BP doctor thinks that is the problem and
suggested she go back on it. However, her BP does not need to be depressed
anymore and is doing so good she hates to restart the tenormin. Her neuro
suggested a very small dosage of xanax occasionally, but it doesn't seem to
affect the pulse rate. A nurse suggested perhaps the mirapex could be the
problem, although she did not have this reaction when she tried it before for 3
months.

Has anyone else experienced this reaction with mirapex, or with similar
medication adjustments? And is there any way to deal with it without another
medication? Aside from the mirapex and sinemet 25/100 she also takes the Simemet
CR 4X per day, plus eldepryl once in the morning.

Thanks for any insights/suggestions.

Jan
cg for Frances 79/7