-----Oprindelig meddelelse-----
Fra: Phil Tompkins <[log in to unmask]>
Til: Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN =
Dato: 9. marts 1998 04:48
Emne: Exercise during off periods?
good day Phil,
When I`m really "off" and stiff it hlp me to feel better when I really =
strech out my muscles, at the same time - to  avoide to take more =
l-dopa- I`m lying on my bed and do my excercises.
But - of course we are all different, but it does help me.
Best wishes
Sonia N
Denmark

NEVER GIVE UP

I haven't seen any discussion regarding exercise in relation to when
PD meds are working their best vs off times.  Just off the top of my
head I would think that exercise should be done when one's muscles
are loose. Are there any good reasons for or against exercising when
one is experiencing muscle stiffness due to PD?  Are there certain
exercises that are OK or even better to do during "off" periods? Any
to avoid then?  Why?

Phil Tompkins
Hoboken NJ
60/9